- Self fulfillment / self glorification
- needing more children
- wanting to become parents
- having a "martyr" complex
- trying to one up everyone on the good people scale
- ease of life
- becoming wealthy
- wanting to be super hero's
- taking on someone else's burden
- answering God's call
- improving the life of another human being
- Giving a child a loving family
- providing excellent medical care
- A future for her
- a mommy and daddy to care for her when sick
- pick her up when she cries
- teach her about Jesus
- give her a life outside of an institution
WE HAVE NOT
- entered into this lightly
- come up with this idea on our own
- relied solely on others to fund our adoption
- answered God's calling
- Stepped out in faith
- put another's needs before our wants
- Done tons of research on Down Syndrome
- reached out to our local Down Syndrome community
- researched congenital heart defects
- consulted with our pediatrician
- discussed for cardio referrals for her
- talked to the center for international adoption medicine in Seattle
- taken adoption training classes
- researched institutionalization and malnutrition
- sought wise council
- fasted and prayed
- been given an opportunity to walk the walk as far as our faith and our duties as Christians
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
- why not adopt from the USA? we have plenty of kids here that need families
- why are you asking others to donate to your adoption?
- Aren't you kind of young to be doing this?
- Are you sure you can handle it / won't you be overwhelmed?
- Don't you think this will take away from your boys?
- Are you crazy?
- What happens if she outlives you?
- How is this adoption proceeding so quickly? i thought it took years to complete an international
In the country where our little one lives the adoption process is actually fairly quick. Averaging around six months if you are able to secure your paperwork and home study quickly. We have worked night and day to complete theses things as fast as possible. We are very concerned about her health issues so we are even more motivated to finish this quickly.