Friday, January 18, 2013

Crazy Beautiful

For me and Josh there seems to be a pattern to the way God works in our lives. He springs things quickly and unexpectedly on us. For example when God really started to pursue me it was fast and hard. He asked me to leave my life behind in California and to just trust him.... even though i didn't know him AT ALL (CRAZY). For some  reason I did. And the end result, BEAUTIFUL. A relationship with him, my sins forgiven , a chance to live a less selfish life. Then when josh and I started dating God made it abundantly clear that we were to marry.... after dating for 4 months (again CRAZY).  We trusted him and said "I Do"  the end result BEAUTIFUL. My husband is my best friend. He challenges me, comforts me, supports, me, and sometimes drives me insane. He is simply the love of my life. After being married for 6 months God once again made it known he had plans for us. This time he was telling us it was time to have a baby (CRAZY). We listened and soon became pregnant with Asher. And 2 1/2 years after Asher Levi arrived as well. The end result BEAUTIFUL. Becoming parents changed us. Forced us to become even less selfish. to have more grace, to love even harder, and gave us such a better understanding of God's love for us. Being parents to our boys is the best job ever. It is difficult, fun. challenging  exhausting, hilarious, and just plain amazing.

 Every one of these decisions was met with opposition. With someone if not multiple people telling us that what we were doing was a bad idea, was bad timing  was happening too fast, was too risky, we were too young, the list could go on forever. But they were all wrong and i think they were not fully considering the biggest factor in these decisions, God's will. Josh and i always want to follow God and choose his path for us and to others those decisions may seem "CRAZY" or risky. But what reason has he given us to not trust him? Because for us it has always led to BEAUTIFUL things, to blessing beyond measure, and of course hard work. God doesn't call us to be comfortable and to live lives that are easy. He calls us to trust him, to pick up our cross and follow him, to be his hands and feet to a hurting world.

So when God came knocking once again out of the blue this time with the CRAZIEST plan yet: To adopt a baby girl from Eastern Europe with Down Syndrome we once again said yes. Yes it is scary putting your heart on the line with no guarantees, yes it is uncomfortable to have to travel so far for so long, and yes it it hard work jumping through hoops to get everything in order, yes it is insanely expensive. But I already know what the end result will be. BEAUTIFUL! I know we will be blessed beyond measure, and that we will come out of this with our hearts transformed once again to be a little more like Christ's And of course it will involve hard work, discomfort, growing pains. Just like it always does when we follow him. There have been and still are those who are skeptical of our decision, scared of our decision, and uncomfortable with our decision. But that too we have come to expect as a road marker on God's path.

And true to his MO God once again came knocking on our hearts. This time he he brought to us another one of his precious daughters and begged us to trust him. I'm not going to lie we were scared, a lot more so than we were to say yes to baby girl . You see this beautiful little girl is almost 10 years old. "an older child" just that phrase seems to strike fear in others. Once again the words flash across our minds and hearts:  risky, scary, hard. But then God whispered to me . He said YOU were an older child when I adopted you. You were 20! YOU were risky, scary, and hard work to redeem. And do you know what it cost to adopt you? Jesus on the cross. It cost Jesus' life.

 So once again Josh and I prayed hard and long and came to the same realization as always. We trust God's path... period. And so we will be bringing home another daughter. For now we call her by her Reece's Rainbow name "Jeanette". She is beautiful. My heart feels ready to burst just looking at pictures of her sweet shy smile. We know far more about her than we do our baby girl but it will be a blog post all of its own there is so much to share. Please, be happy and be excited. We are gaining another daughter. Another one of God's precious and beloved children will be rescued from loneliness, neglect, and tragic prospects for a future. Rejoice! Because i know God is!!

3 comments:

  1. I'm so happy you are adopting 2 sweet daughters! I cannot wait to see how they thrive in your loving home!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can not wait to see all the blessings your family will have with 2 girls!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You just spoke straight to my heart! My husband and I are in the process of adopting an older child from Ukrain and I have encountered many negitive responses that have made me question God's calling on our life. I'm so thankful to have found this posting and it was perfect timing. Our stories of being CRAZY seem similar but you are so right in saying that when your following God's will the results are BEAUTIFUL! I'm so encouraged and would love to speak to you further! We have only just begun our journey and don't have any other personal relationships of people who done foreign adoption. Please feel free to email me at greatmassage4you@hotmail.com!

    ReplyDelete